Saturday, December 3, 2011

Just feeling blessed......


I woke up this morning feeling better than I have in about a week or so. This cancer has some real setbacks but on those days that I feel really good so much stands out and I am forever grateful for my life.

As I look around the house at all of the wonderful decorations my beautiful Suzanne has made for us I cannot help feeling somewhat saddened that so much of the family has passed on. I so wish I could share my new family with my mother knowing that she would just love Suzanne and would love spending time with her over morning coffee. I wish I could talk with my grandfather and share with him the wonderful things that have now become a part of my life. I do know that I can do these things through simple prayer and I am grateful for that. And the knowledge that I will see them again one day fills me with love for God and all He makes possible.

My biggest prayer today though is for those that feel alone this holiday season and I pray that they might find comfort in the celebration of our Lords birth. I too, like so many others feel alone sometimes now that I am older and people have vanished from my life but I am thankful though and very grateful for this time the Lord has given me. I know it is really just a small thing but today, just being me is a blessing.......

Merry Christmas to all and may the Lord fill your lives with love this holiday season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment