Friday, January 20, 2012

Guest Author, David Tackett sharing HIS Journey down that Long, Dark Road.


My first thought about my throat cancer was that I had a popcorn
hull stuck in my throat. I tried clearing my throat repeatedly, eating
crackers in an attempt to dislodge it but I could never get rid of it. I would try a
few times a day but of course the feeling that something was in my
throat was always there.

This was taking place at the same time that my sister-in-law Kathy
was dying from cancer. I never heard Kathy say that she had
cancer. She would always say that the doctors weren’t certain
what was wrong even though she was undergoing chemo treatments.

I never knew why she wouldn’t face her killer head on but she never did. The daily
conversations about Kathy always included tidbits about cancer
and paying attention to your body. After a few weeks I started
thinking that this thing in my throat, this invader may not be a popcorn husk at
all,,, but, what if it’s cancer?

That was when I came to the conclusion that I had something
inside of me that had only one goal. That goal was to kill me. I
knew I had to kill it before it was too late.

At the time I had no idea how difficult this battle would become but I indeed found out.

I’m David Tackett, a stage 3 throat/tongue cancer survivor. My last treatment was mid
2007.

Sincerely,

David T.
2012

David is wonderful new friend and supporter of The Living Through Faith Foundation and you can find Davis hard at work for Farmers Insurance in Hot Springs, AR.

Bill K.

No comments:

Post a Comment